This privacy notice explains how we, Desbruslais Chartered Surveyors/Desbruslais Ltd, use the personal data we collect about you.
- What information do we collect about you?
We only collect information from you which is necessary to provide the services we have been instructed to carry out or to provide a quote for our services.
Surveying– this includes: title, name, address, contact telephone number/s, email address and information about your proposed purchase/property to be surveyed.
We collect information at point of instruction via phone, email and sometimes in person.
- How will we use this information about you?
The information we collect from you is only used in connection with, and to provide, the services we have been instructed to carry out. This is classed as Performance of a Contract.
For Surveying instructions, where we are informed that there is another party with a shared interest, i.e. a Housing Association, Solicitor or Buying Agent, they will be considered as an “Other Intended User” and we may copy them into our emails when confirming our instructions / appointment with you, when sending your report and in any future correspondence.
- How long do we keep the information collected about you?
Once we have completed our instruction and the job is closed, our files are held for a period of 12 years as required under the terms of our Professional Indemnity Insurance. After this time the information is securely destroyed.
- RICS Monitoring
Desbruslais Ltd are registered with the RICS. Our files may be subject to monitoring under the institution’s conduct and disciplinary regulations.
We will not use your information to contact you for marketing purposes nor will we share your information with any third parties for marketing purposes.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent unauthorised use of your personal data. We will notify you and applicable regulator of any suspected unauthorised use of your personal data.
- Your Rights
Unless subject to exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data (please see how long we will keep your data in reference to this)
- The right to withdraw consent previously given at anytime
- The right to refuse processing of your data. Please be aware that we will need to process your data to provide the services we have been instructed to carry If you refuse for your data to be processed we may not be able to complete our instructions.
- Access to Your Information
If you would like a copy of some or all of the personal information we hold about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information.
- Changes to our Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last updated June 2018.
- How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Privacy Notice or any information that we hold about you please contact us by email email@example.com or write to us at Desbruslais Chartered Surveyors, 35a Brunswick Terrace, Hove, BN3 1HA